Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We Need a Little Christmas


I've had a tough time getting in the spirit of the season this year. The lyrics from We Need a Little Christmas kind of sums it up, have you heard that song yet this year? It is from the musical Mame.

Well, I finally got off the pity pot while we've been stuck at home waiting for our first Iowa blizzard to blow through. Last night we decorated our tree (dear hubby picked out a nice real one) and I pulled out a few of my favorite decorations. Here they some of them are.

This Santa I found at a in home Christmas bazaar a few years back, I just love how old fashion he looks.


This is part of my Christmas village, which I almost didn't bother with putting out. The wool is a penny rug I made.




The live wreath was a gift from one of my staff. I just love it on my white door.













This quilt is an oldie but goody, pattern from Thimbleberries.


I made both the Believe pillow (made from felt) and the quilt.










This Santa is made out of an old wooden ironing board. I bought him about 20 years ago in Des Moines.
That is all for this year's decorating. I think I am getting in the spirit more.





1 comment:

jackie said...

So good to know that you got in the holiday spirit!!
It all looks very festive!
I would love to see your entire village.
All you need now is eggnog ;)

jm