Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baby Quilt



This sweet quilt is going to my sister in Des Moines newest grand daughter. My nephew and his beautiful wife had a baby girl several weeks ago. I am a little late getting this off to them but I hope it is worth the wait.

I love the way it turned out. I think there will be a lot for little baby to look at as she lays on this quilt. My hope is that they use it and not store it away. If I see it in a few years, worn out, used up with holes and slobber I will know it was well loved.









The charming story book fabric is so darn cute.
I love the vintage look to the fabric and the elementary school reader fabric that goes with it.



















I put Minkey on the back. Do you know what Minkey is, oh my, if you look the word snugly in the dictionary, I think there is a picture of Minkey.










I love the way it turned out and I can't wait to meet my new little great-niece!







2 comments:

jackie said...

The quilt is just precious!!! The backing looks very snugly!
Love the theme .. and colors! The vintage look is very fun ! You are a great .. great aunt :))
She will love it and wear it out! As many nieces and nephews have with the quilts you made for them.

Laura said...

Rowan sleeps with his every single night. I love it so much, his whole room is color themed around it (although they were my fav colors anyway!!) He will always know his great aunt jeannie loved him. Haha, you are a great aunt :) just teasing...i love you!!!