Sunday, August 16, 2009

bugs can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

BAD BUG - Japanese beetle - My yard is, again this year, being taken over by the Japenese Beetle. If you don't know what this bug is thank your lucky stars and never take a transplant from my yard. They defoliate the leaves of many plants which leaves skeletal nothing.




Good Bug - BEE - Dear sweet hubby picks the Japanese beetle by hand and puts them in a bucket of water. This helps keep the bee alive as the chemical bug killers will kill both.







My yard is blooming nicely in some areas and other areas really need attention. I need to wait until Fall to clean out some beds and plant new shrubs in their place. For now I will enjoy dear hubby's camera and it's great close up lens. (still looking for a new camera for me as my old camera broke in Clear Lake)






































4 comments:

MelO said...

Hi! I have an older version of this camera and I love it! Takes great pics, it's small, it has great resolution, and it's cheaper than it's competitors.

http://www.target.com/Fujifilm-FinePix-10-0MP-Digital-Camera/dp/B001R23JNK/ref=br_1_4?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=160213011&node=160213011&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=2&searchSize=30&id=Fujifilm%20FinePix%2010%200MP%20Digital%20Camera

MelO said...

http://www.target.com/Fujifilm-FinePix-10-0MP-Digital-Camera/dp/B001R23JN0/ref=br_1_28?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=160213011&node=160213011&searchRank=salesrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Fujifilm%20FinePix%2010%200MP%20Digital%20Camera

Try that link! I don't think it wants to work...

Shelley said...

Looks like the beetles are getting your basil? That's what it looks like in the pic. They are eating mine, too. I picked about 50 by hand because there is no way I would spray my herbs!

jackie said...

The beetles are gross!!!!! He is a sweet hubby doing that for you! Forget about the cone flowers you were going to give me to transplant! ha!ha!
Your roses are very pretty .. I'm jealous!