Sunday, April 19, 2009

gobbler time




Dear husband hunted for two weekends, last weekend to help dear son for youth season and this weekend on and off between baseball games. He came up with a tom! Here are some pictures. I plan to buy a smoker which I think will come in handy for both game and tame food. (is that a term tame food, oh boy this makes me want to become a vegetarian... not really...wouldn't be right for a butcher's daughter) Anyway........ let me know if you own or have a suggestion for a good smoker. I love COMMENTS ON MY BLOG!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That's a great looking bird! I think a basic tall smoker works great. I wouldn't bother with an electric coil. My parents have one, they have always used charcoal with wood chips instead of a coil. I've heard the coils don't last very long. Hope this helps!

jackie said...

Boy ... listen to Shelley! Does she hunt too! Now I know who to call for more help than just plants!!
It is too pretty to kill!! ;-(