Sunday, April 19, 2009

boy child quilt


Unfortunately I was able to get to my sewing room today. I say that because I thought I would be on the diamonds all day watching dear sons team play in the championships, unfortunately the boys weren't quite ready to play ball. They basically lost the game in errors and dear son struggled at the bat. I wonder if the past month is weighing heavy on his mind, loosing two grandparents in 5 days has got to be hard for a 14 year old to get a grasp on.
Anyway.......... the good thing is I was able to get some sewing time! Wow, it felt "sew" good!


This quilt is for niece Laura's little guy Rowan. You might remember this blog , I was in Door county when I found out Laura was expecting and happened to be working on a baby quilt. Well, I've decided that quilt doesn't quite fit Laura. I think this funky, retro, California style is more for her and little Rowan. I think this will be a surprise because I really doubt she has time to surf blog, however if you see this Laura you must be really good at multi-tasking!
I have 2 more baby quilts to get moving on for another niece and a niece-inlaw! It is wonderful to haev all of these new little babies in our family.

1 comment:

Laura said...

The quilt is beautiful Jeannie...as always though. You are amazing. I love you!! xoxoxo