Here are a few pictures from weeknight meals. We are trying to eat low fat and healthy meals .I have been experimenting with salmon and make it about one time a week. In this picture I am marinating it with fresh squeezed clementines, soy sauce, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, topped off with sesame seeds. I drain it, reserving some to brush on midway through baking and then, roast this in the oven at 375 until it flakes easily.

One evening Dear Hubby started the manicotti noodles before I got home. When I walked in the door the noodles were ready for stuffing. I stuffed with low fat ricotta cheese, 4 oz mozzarella mixed with Parmesan and about 2 TBL of dried parsley. In a baking dish, pour about 1/2 cup of marinara sauce, I use Paul Newman's own organic. Then put the stuffed manicotti on top, pour the rest of the jar on and top with mozzarella cheese. One of these manicottis is about 7 weight watcher plus points.
I dug out my grill pan and made chicken breasts one evening. I brushed with a glaze of balsamic vinegar, honey and soy sauce. Served this with roasted new potatoes and green beans.

I've been on a real roasted vegetable kick.
I had not tried roasted green beans until recently. I quartered new potatoes and mixed with trimmed green beans, minced garlic clove and diced onion. Drizzle with about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sometimes I drizzle with balsamic vinegar too. Roast in oven preheated to about 425 for about 40 minutes. I use this same method with brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, broccoli, butternut squash and really just about any vegetable I have on had. It caramelizes and crisps up to make a very good vegetable. Dear hubby did not like brussel sprouts until he tried it this way!




1 comment:
Yummy! You have to be kidding me ... low fat and healthy! Nice pictures too!
Post a Comment