Sunday, January 15, 2012

On and off my needles


















I am a little behind on crafting, I had a big weekend planned to get baby quilts finished and off in the mail. Instead, I was doing what I do best - Mother. Sweet college girl came home from college very ill, dehydrated and very weak from the flu. She was so dehydrated that she had to have IV fluids. She was home with us from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. Pushing fluids, fluffing pillows and making sure meds were taken on time was my whole weekend. By Sunday afternoon her color was back and she was laughing out loud.



Due to this unexpected mothering that landed in my schedule I just have a couple things to show you all. Here is the watchcap hat that I made for dear hubby. I think it turned out a bit large but maybe I can wash it and dry it to shrink a little.



On my needles is a new scarf. It is the Hitchhiker scarf and an addictive knit. I am knitting it out of the knitpicks imaginative yarn in the colorway Gingerbread. It will have 42 points and gets wider with each row.



1 comment:

jackie said...

Motherhood, a labor of love! That was a rough weekend for you and B! Hope she's feeling better!