I am fortunate to have a plant shut down over the Christmas holiday. The unfortunate part is I always think that means I will have plenty of free time to get knitting, spinning, quilting, cooking and cleaning done. WRONG! It has felt like I am crafting in slow motion instead. I love Christmas, truly I do, but it sure does sucks the time out of a crafty girls schedule. Here are a few of the things I was able to work on over the last two months.
I am knitting another 1940's watch cap, this one for dear hubby. He liked dear son's so much that he actually mentioned he would like one. Be still my heart, this is the first time he has asked for a knitted item!I found a little time to spin. It seems I am spinning about a worsted weight yarn when plying 2 strands. That is bigger than where I want to be but it is pretty consistent and there are a ton of patterns out there for worsted weight. My minds eye still sees a lace weight shawl from homespun, someday!
I have been on a personal deadline to complete 4 baby quilts by the end of January. Only 1 is done and delivered so far. I made time to complete one more quilt top today. I love the owl fabric. I plan to make two like this, one goes to the Pella area, the other goes to San Diego. I think the colors will keep baby interested.
Remember this homespun from a couple blogposts back? Here it is being wound into a nice knittable cake. The yarn swift was a birthday gift from hubby and kids. Dear son said it was a gift for all of them because now they do not have to hold my hard when I wind. I made a twisty-go hat pattern out of the yarn. I still have about 100 yards left, not sure what I can do with just 100 yards.
So now that I look back it seems I did make more progress than I thought on projects. Hopefully January will be a productive one. The winds are howling today so it is great crafting weather!







1 comment:
I love the owl quilt too, and so will Austin!
It's Adorable!!!!
I can't wait to see the guys together in their 1940's watch caps.
Post a Comment