Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Parent weekend with Boo



Dear Hubby and I went to parent weekend for Sweet College girl last weekend. We enjoyed a great lunch at Victories and then we went to the football game. It was cold and they were loosing so we didn't last the entire game.



We hit the dorms, played some pool and sweet college girl showed us around. We enjoyed a fun Chinese food dinner with several of her friends before we headed back to our hotel.




The hotel had peacocks in the lobby.







Sunday morning we checked out the volga recreation area which is state run. We were so pleased and impressed with the area. It was clean, mowed throughout, restrooms were modern/clean and the roads were brand new.




I will never tire of the hills of Eastern Iowa. When Dear Hubby first showed me this part of Iowa I would not believe my eyes. The bluffs, cliffs and wildlife areas are amazing. The Iowa DNR should be proud of this area. Why can't all of Iowa parks be this nice?








Wrigley missed us so much, I actually almost felt guilty about leaving him. Look at this face, do you blame me!?!





















1 comment:

jackie said...

What fun! Great pictures! Love the quaint town!