
Here is the beautiful yarn that I bought to make the Thermis cowl. I completed the cowl and it did not look good on me. Actually, it looked like I was wearing a dog sweater, it even fit my little dog Wrigley. He was not amused.
So, I frogged. those of you that aren't knitters may not know that frogging is ripping out the stitches. Think "RIPit, RIPit".

Not that it isn't a beautiful pattern it is. Maybe I should have used smaller needles or if I had a longer more elegant neck?
Now I've started another cowl. My niece told me she knitted the same pattern and loved it, so did the gal at Crazy Girl Knit shop. If it turns out I will post the link to the pattern. So far, it has been fun to knit and I still love the yarn.

I think with the -16 or something (not wind chill) temps in Eastern Iowa I need to knit faster as I need this cowl NOW!
I found a little time to spin on my extended vacation / holiday.
I love the roving I am using. It is wonderful. I think I am getting the hang of spinning. The hardest part is starting a new bobbin and sometimes when the fiber breaks. Dear hubby gave me a wonderful book on fiber fairs, I am enjoying and dreaming as I read about the fairs around the country.


I found time to knit another mistake scarf. I love the pattern and I loved the yarn. Problem not enough yarn, only one skein but I like the scarf so may wear it short.

I have a very cute surprise to post. My very sweet crafty friend and fellow baseball-mom made me this cute pin cushion! In addition she put together a recycled bag using her stamping know-how! Here is her stamping blog. She does way more than stamp though!
This is giving me inspiration to clean out my sewing room! Do you ever just wonder how your sewing room becomes the dumping ground? Well, over the holidays it became one for me, the topper was when we switched cable companies and the cable guy needed to get in under a table in my sewing room. oh-oh, the secret stash of patterns and magazines was under that table and now what a mess! Good new is now I have PPV in my sewing room, endless hours of movies and cable TV while I sew and craft!



2 comments:
Pretty color for the sweater.
And the scarf too! Good idea ... wear it short!
Em's cowl looks so cute... you will love it!! I need to be crafty like you guys. What is wrong with me? I am the only non artistic Skow. sad.
Post a Comment