Sunday, January 3, 2010

Colder than a well diggers...............



It was something like -16 F, that is 16 below zero without windchill on Saturday morning. With windchill I think this was something like -30. Yes, crazy. Why do we live here, I don't know, something about cost of living, being close to family and the fact that my husband doesn't like crowds. go figure, no crowds where it is -16. Anyway........... we took a little pilgrimage to Des Moines to visit the Bass Pro Shop. Dear Hubby and I had not visited this new store since it opened and figured it was a good day to drive out and see it.


The family was totally embarrassed that I took pictures but of course I didn't' mind the ridicule because I knew it was a "blogable" (is that now a word) trip.

It was neat to see how they put up displays. This picture is of the ceiling. the picture does not do it justice.








We ate lunch at the bowling alley. My cute older sister (yes older, trust me, she is) and her hubby joined us. It was fun to throw a few balls down the alley (well, sort of, now my back hurts) and have a lunch. I ate a buffalo burger and oh.my.was.it.good. It was sooooo good.













Cool under water theme, they had blow fish show up on the score board when you scored a spare, a shark with a strike and so forth. I thought there would be fish on the menu, there wasn't, that is weird.
The shopping was too. Sweet daughter found more than the boys. I guess they can find better stuff in the land of Cedar Rapids.





This picture makes no sense but I had to post because my teenagers think it is funny to always make goofy pictures and never just smile anymore so here you have it. beautiful daughter looking like well, I don't know...
maybe a blow fish?






1 comment:

jackie said...

Below zero day ... warm family fun :))))
Amazing place, but lots and lots of people!