
Have you ever worked on a knitting project and got down to just about 6 rows to complete and ran out of yarn? DOH! That happened to me this week. A sweet friend from the Rock asked me to knit a baby thorpe hat for her soon to be born new grand daughter. There was some left over yarn so I thought there was enough to make a baby kimono too. Oops, ran out of yarn too soon. I found something very very close, hid it on the inside and love the completed sweater.


The Thorpe hat turned out cute. I trimmed with light pink yarn. It is so hard to judge hat sizes and head sizes, I sure hope this fits the little one.
Thank you to sweet daughter for allowing "sweet bear" to model the outfit.


I love the kimono. I added picot trim, this is the first time I have knitted using that stitch and the outcome is adorable. I used ribbon to tie up the sweater, I thought about little buttons but worried if they came off that would not be good for baby. Also, I think with the ribbon they can be re-arranged if needed for a better fit.
I have no idea if new mom's like the kimonos or not. I've heard they are great because it is easy to dress an infant as nothing goes over the head. I don't recall this type of outfit when my kids were little so I hope to hear feedback on the practicality of this garment.



4 comments:
I made sonja a baby kimono sweater when I was pregnant. She wore it home from the hospital. I never worried about putting stuff over her head, i just thought the pattern was cute. And who wouldn't love to receive that little set?! It's gorgeous!
SOOOO Cute. I had a couple kimono type shirts and found them really helpful for one because Rowan had a big head and hated being dressed and also because they were just easier. Mine were just plain white (no fun at all) so i am sure she will LOVE this, it's beautiful.
Love this...now I want to try one. L.E. get pg again soon, so I can make you one.
Beautiful! I think you and your husband should retire and start a business;)
Post a Comment