Sunday, June 29, 2014

Gardens summer 2014




We updated the landscape in our front yard last week.




Do you remember our beautiful knock out roses?
Last winter was so harsh it killed them and many of our shrubs.
Above is the after photo.

Dear Hubby was very sweet to let me splurge and hire a local, family owned company to pull everything and replant shrubs and pereniels.
I am fortunate to be able to work from home as I watched the work being done.
Pulling out the old shrubs were no problem with the heavy equipment! 
The only plant we saved was the clementas. 

Look close at the clementas, do you see the snake skin!? Apparently there was a village of snakes living in our front bushes. I think.... Pray.... They are gone now.

In one day the old was pulled out, new beds cultivated, shrubs, trees and pereniels planted, mulch added and edging put in.
Tons of garden debrie taken away!
Love our new garden!  We had rocks added and moved our birdbath to the front.


 
We added a new trellis for the clementas.


I really like the way the front turned out.

The rest of the yard is doing well.
The day Lillie's are showing off.

Shasta daiseys are late but snazzy!
Tomatoes look good, despite the weeds!  I also have zucchini, herbs and asparagus. 

The yard is looking better all the time and we love the new landscaping. I have more time than years past to stay on top of things.

If you are in the area,stop by! 

2 comments:

krisluvswool said...

Looks great! We've been doing a lot of work too, but there's still so much to get done and it is getting SO HOT! But these photos inspire me to keep at it!

jackie said...

Great before and after pictures. What a beautiful change.