We've added a few new things to pots and the yard this year.
The spot on the deck where I out most of our pots seems to be the perfect amount of sun and shade.
I love the orange flowers that I planted this year. It is hard to find nice orange annuals.
The yard has been very slow to leap into blooms. The winter was so harsh that it killed all of our roses and many shrubs. To fill in some bare spots, I planted a few new perennials in the back yard and so far they are doing great.
Salvia May night is new this year and it really looks nice, I planted three of them along the back fence.
The older day lilies all survived and our trees fared fine.
I found a pot that matched our patio furniture and planted an annual grass in it.
I will blog about the front of our house in a couple weeks. We plan to have the whole front pulled and and new landscaping put in. We will replace with plants that can handle a zone colder than normal so a zone 4b.
I hope your gardens are blooming and the winter was not as hard in your areas!









1 comment:
Everything looks so good! I do love the orange Gerbera Daisy...a fave flower! Sorry to hear you lost so many plants! It was a tough winter! Guess it just provides an opportunity to start fresh in areas that worked working so well?
Post a Comment