Sunday, December 29, 2013

This weaving, knitting and spinning season temporarily postponed




My knitting, spinning and weaving will be on hold for about 6 weeks (I think) due to a nasty fall on ice and a broken arm/wrist.

Here is where I am on several projects:


My Calligraphy cardigan is in the homestretch.  I have just 7 buttons to sew on then complete! 




Two of the buttons for my cardigan turned up missing while I was in ER yesterday for my arm.  Dear son and his sweet girlfriend were entertaining her nephew yesterday building snowmen in our yard.  Guess where my missing buttons ended up!  This makes me laugh, thankfully I bought extra!

The other knitting in progress is a scrappy hat by Susan B Anderson.  It was looking so nice being knit out of a loop homespun. 


When finished, I soaked and it grew to an elephants size, so I threw it in the dryer.  Bad idea! It felted and is too small now.

I think this will go to Good Will.


On the weaving front, I had a ball in the beginning class! 

I feel like I am comfortable now to warp and weave simple projects.  
The last day of class we went to lady's house in our guild who is a national teacher and she has had patterns published.
She has a cool workshop in her basement.  She lives on an acreage with llamas overlooking the Iowa River.


I enjoyed seeing all of the intermediate student's projects and Vicky' examples,  great inspiration!


I did a little bit of sewing last month.  I am slowly redecoration some rooms in our house and replaced a valance in our great room. Here is the before, a faded, dated plaid valance.

I liked the style so I used it as a pattern for the replacement.

I bought decorator fabric on sale from JoAnn's and I love the classic, clean lines.

That about wraps up where I am on projects.  With luck the doc will OK me to spin some so I don't go crazy without fiber crafts.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Holy Moley! Jeannie! We just got home, I'm catching up and I read this! What a big bummer! I sure hope it heals quickly! I'll be in touch and we'll chat.