Saturday, December 28, 2013

Laundry room redecorating


 

I really enjoy reading blogs and one of the blogs I follow is The Yellow Cape Cod.  I really loved the way she decorated her laundry room so I totally copied her.  If you click on the link, it will take you to her post on the topic.    I painted the laundry room with Sherwin Williams paint in the color Storm Cloud.  I bought a few decorating items and lots of baskets.  I found the cute white frame in the top right picture at Pier One, it was on sale.  I am going to look for vintage photos to hang on it, maybe ladies in swimsuits or ladies doing laundry.   
-
The giant safety pins and the drying wrack came from Ballard Designs.
I cleaned out Target and bought wicker milk crates.  I labelled each crate with the contents. 
I remember that I had a vintage child's dress in a box from years ago so decided to hang it, I might keep my eye open for a nicer one.  I love the folding rack, it will be perfect for things I hand wash or do not dry.
I bought a really cute rug from Target.
So, are you curious just how bad it was?  Yikes! Look at that mess!  The last picture is the stack going to Good Will.  It is such a stress buster for me when I get rid of clutter!  
We are also redecorating the main floor.  I will post photos when complete.

2 comments:

jackie said...

What a great makeover! Love the before and after photos!
Down to the final detail of the little dress, pins pictures, rug ... on and on .....
What a fun, rewarding project!

Unknown said...

Great job, Jeannie! I too have the giant safety pins from Ballard Designs in my laundry area..good choice!! I also found some giant ceramic buttons at Hobby Lobby, so check them out.