Not a lot to report in the garden. A very small summer squash starting to grow.


I love the way the chairs and cushions look in our side yard. The gnats have been really bad so I haven't been able to spend a lot of time in them. They sure are inviting for knitting or reading!
The front porch is a welcoming site, except for the very large gardener snake that thinks this is a nice place to raise a family. I need to get a picture for the blog or a brave 10 year old boy that wants to help me get rid of the snakes!
Peonies are blooming like crazy! About a month late but still putting on an awesome show. I love peonies but have to say, the smell reminds me of the cemetery. This is one of the flowers that Dad and I cut every year to decorate my Mom's grave and the smell for me, brings all of that back. Does anyone else have those types of memories? Certain flowers make you think of events? I love lilacs, irises and roses for other memories but the Peonies always reminds me of the cemetery.





1 comment:
Love your chairs and the placement! Looks great!
Post a Comment