Sunday, March 24, 2013

when first you don''t succeed try, try again

I've had my share of epic project fails in the past few months.  I tried to cover a wingback chair with paint drop cloths and it turned out a mess.  Now I've learned to leave it to a professional and will probably buy slipcovers instead of making my own.   I found a website that looks pretty good for ordering custom made slip covers, I will keep you posted on how they turn out when I get around to ordering them.  I love the look and the idea of slipcovers and I have several pieces of furniture that are looking a little dated but still in really good shape.  I am ready to start doing some redecorating, only time and money, right?  Hmm, seems to be something I don't have either of with a senior graduating, something to keep me busy when my nest is empty maybe?

 Miss Bab's and I are having an on and off again relationship.  Here is the second sweater I started with the same Miss Bab's yarn and I hated the way the edges look so I frogged it.  The first sweater I worked with this same yarn was frogged with a little help from my friend, Chance!  This picture of Chance is with a different yarn project but you get the idea of how he can help determine the destiny of a project!
 I am now on the third sweater pattern using this same yarn and I have to say I am getting a little sick of looking at the yarn at this point but I am determined to power through and finish!

No comments: