Sunday, January 20, 2013

What's for dinner mom?

I used some Christmas gift money from my dear father-in-law to buy a yogurt maker.  I made yogurt a few weeks back the old fashion way without the yogurt maker, this is much easier because you don't have to use your oven.  I figure it is not only healthier, as I will know what is in it, it will also save us money.  42 oz of milk makes 7 containers of yogurt.  
 I was in the mood to clean out my sewing room today so I tried a new recipe for
 Crockpot lasagna - http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/02/slow-cooker-lasagna.html?m=1
 I think it turned out really good, not as good as the casserole kind of lasagna but it was easier and nice to have the free time to organize a room that has been ignored for months!  If I were to make it again, I would plan on just 3 hours or put in more water than the 1 cup that the recipe calls for.  It started to have that overdone tomato sauce smell at the very end but it was still tasty!


2 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh man! That makes me hungry!

jackie said...

Oh My!! That looks yummy and easy!! Best part!