Sunday, January 6, 2013

On and off the needles

 I finished a slouchy hat for sweet college girl in December.  It is made out of handspun.  I gave it to her on Christmas day.  The pattern is one that I just kind of made up as I went along.  She loves it and it is super warm, it should keep her cozy on her campus walks this winter.
 I continue to work on the self-striping socks.  I work on them when I fly as they are very easy to transport.  The heal became much larger than I need but these will be house socks, so they will do.  This pattern is a vanilla sock with ribbing going down the top.

 I bought some awesome chunky thaki yarn while shopping in Jupiter, Florida.  I finished this cowl in about 3 hours.  I love it.  Sweet college girl is modeling how you can wear it on top of your head too.


My newest project on the needles is the Color Affection Shawl.  It is a striped yarn using 3 colors of yarn.  I have a few false starts but I am on a roll now.  Great football knitting!

1 comment: