I made up this Cheerio snack mix for my guys to take deer hunting. Word on the street is it is both naughty and nice.... hmmmm, wonder if I should call it Chance Crunch?
I am not keeping a separate blog anymore for just recipes because it is too much work.
My sister in MO sent this to a bunch of a us a couple months ago. It is addicting.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
6 cups Cheerios (I used honey nut)
1 cup pecan, walnuts or peanuts - I used walnuts
1/2 cup silvered almonds, sliced work fine too
1 bag of craisins
Preheat oven to 350. Butter jelly roll pan
Heat butter, sugars and salt in a saucepan, over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes
Mix cereal, nuts and craisins in a big bowl
Pour syrup over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
spread in pan and bake 15 minutes. cool for 10 minutes before loosening with spatula. Then let cool 1 hour before storing. in covered container.
Makes about 8 cups, if you are feeding an army, double it and use 2 jelly roll pans.
warning, very addictive and not low calorie, however it does have some healthy stuff in it!




1 comment:
Thank you sister for always taking the time to add your recipes!
Everything looks so yummy and I don't even have to ask you!!
Post a Comment