One of dear hubby's favorite goodies is the chocolate covered cherries that I make each year. I always try to make them on deer hunting weekend when he is away which gives them a good 2 - 3 weeks before Christmas to sit up. They need to rest for at least 2 weeks. Here is the recipe:
2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 T milk
1/2 t. almond extract
2 - 8 oz jars marchino cherries w/ stems
2 cups chocolate chips
2 T shortening (Crisco)
Combine sugar, butter, milk and extract. mix well. I usually put in fridge for 30 min or so to make sure it is solid enough to work with before next step.
roll into 1 inch balls then flatten into 2" circles, so it will wrap around the cherry. Sometimes I just kind of try to frost them with my finger if it is too much filling the other way. place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
melt choc chips and shortening (I like to use a double boiler). dip cherries into the chocolate then back to the wax paper to harden. Store in covered containers in refrigerator. The longer you store, the juicier they get.
First time I've tried toffee.
Another candy first time try for me. It is peanuts, marshmallows and chocolate.






2 comments:
Yum....maybe this year I should make the cherries and figure that I cane give a bunch away. They look awesome!
How yummy! No wonder they're his favorite and you make them every year! Lucky guy!!
Post a Comment