Sunday, February 13, 2011

A few of my favorite things


Thought it would be fun to highlight a few of my favorite things.
To start off this story board that we just go back from sweet daughter's senior picture sends me over the moon! It just fits her personality perfectly. All of her senior pictures turned out amazing.


I



I love my husbands art work. We have his paintings and pencil art through out our home.
This is the coolest kitchen gadget. It turns purple to let you know how cooked your egg is. It makes a perfect hard boiled or soft boiled egg. My best Iowa City friend bought it for me. I had never seen such a thing.







Next is a simple $7 target organizer. I use it for my knitting supplies. The bottom layer has extra storage for small things. I've set out more favorite things. A bird scissors my DH bought me probably 18 years ago and a lovely thimble that I bought from a long time quilt guild member in Cedar Rapids.












Here is a portable version that I just love too, it also came from my IC friend.













Sweet daughter made several seasonal pillows when she was about 10, I just adore these now as I can still remember her working so hard on them.
Here is my pin cushion collection. They all have fond memories of friends that made them for me, or places I've bought them or the time spent making them.










Of course, I can not forget....
Pfaff







Bernie and










Rose!!!













One of my oldest favorite things, this pie safe, which was the first antique and real piece of furniture I ever bought. It was $100 and I still love it!










Now on to the new.... Dear Husband gave me this I-touch and a beautiful necklace for Christmas last year (oh yeah, I am spoiled!).












I still use my nano i-pod for walking at the gym at lunch. I have all of my favorite pod casts loaded.














Plain old shae butter, a must have for dry Iowa winters.










Am I the only one that loves Clinique free gift time? OH look at this! I just love the little goodies and the make up bag.












and then shoes............ my favorite, always fits no matter what, shoes! I've been doing weight watchers since last August and I used new shoes as my incentive to loose the weight. With every 5 pounds I bought a pair of shoes. Mostly on sale. (DH reads this blog on occassion so I won't say much more on this topic)


















1 comment:

jackie said...

She is very pretty!!! The story board is so her ... great!
You will all miss her so much next year!

Love the theme of your favorite things!
The painting is great! One of my favorites!
Thanks to my sister, I too love the shae butter!
Last ... your best kept secret, a shoe fetish!! Love it!!!