Sunday, August 29, 2010

Door County Dreamin'




I enjoyed a wonderful retreat in Door County with some of my favorite people.

Iowa City girl friend invited me up to her "cabin" on Lake Michigan again this year and it was wonderful!







Ankeny girls, Iowa City girls and Colorado girl made it for the trip. We enjoyed a delish dinner at Mike's pub on Friday night.
The sewing machines were buzzing with everyone sewing this year.









Here is a bed bug that I knitted. He has a little night cap on his head.
He is from the book Mochi Mochi





I sewed projects out of my stash. Here is Country Thread's Count. I need to add some borders, stitch his face and quilt it.














From the chair where I knit I could watch the kayaks, the waves and enjoy lake Michigan.









Here is the view from my chair, coffee, knitting and sunshine!





















We enjoyed shopping on two days. Here is a shopping mall at Fish Creek. The great $10 watches and wonderful yarn store can be found here.









Ankeny girl whipped up some adorable bags!















Sitting on the deck and enjoying the company was such fun!















Colorado girl made custom made booties for us out of fleece. I kind of, sort of, can't wait for winter so I can put on my coozie booties!
















Here is the mistake scarf that I made for sweet daughter. It is knitted out of handspun angora.

















It is so snuggly!















Lunch at Fred and Fuzzy's was a hit again this year.































I made this throw for the boys at home. I think they will like the white tail in the middle.



























I took a little hike to Cave Point. The cliffs were amazing and so was the hiking trail.




























We ended the trip with a birthday party for Ankeny girl!










































2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like the perfect getaway. That little bed bug is so cute! Love those fleece socks, at least it will make winter a bit more bearable! :)

jackie said...

I can't believe how much you accomplished in just 5 days!
Love the throw, scarf, bed bug, booties, bags ... and the view ... how wonderful!
What a wonderful way to just sit and knit!