Saturday, May 8, 2010

New recipes





I tried a couple new recipes last weekend. The first is ribs on a smoker. I bought a used smoker from a guy at work. It is perfect, cheap, seasoned and great for a beginner like me. My first attempt was ribs. I used a dry rub with brown sugar, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Let it sit for a couple hours, then smoked it for 3 hours, finished off in the oven with bbq sauce. I ran out of time so next time I will plan more time in the smoker. The taste was really great!











I tried a new recipe for cinnamon rolls. (click on the words cinnamon rolls that are underlined to get to the recipe) This is published in Midwest living. They were great, I recommend. A great way to doctor up frozen cinnamon rolls.

1 comment:

em4201 said...

You should talk to Jared...he's a smoking addict. This weekend we had pulled pork...yum-o.