Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's day



I enjoyed a very nice mother's day. Dear Hubby made me french toast and sausage for breakfast and we went on a picnic. The plan was to get a lunch from New Pioneer and then out to Kent Park (county park) for a picnic. While by New Pioneer I planned to stop at Crazy Girl for some yarn. On the way to Kent Park my hope was to grab some caribou coffee, my favorite part is the chocolate covered espresso bean.

well, things didn't go quite as planned. Crazy girl was closed, New Pi was packed and Caribou Coffee forgot the choc covered bean.
We improvised and went to Hy Vee. We put everything out for a nice picnic, table cloth and all. Before we could take our first bite, a swarm, I mean millions, of little black biting bugs attacked us.

So we improvised again, grabbed all of our goodies and ate in the van.

After that we took a nice walk around the lake. Very few bugs there, thank goodness.

I am so blessed to be the mother of my two fine kids. They are kind, sweet, smart and grateful.









2 comments:

Shelley said...

Lucky lady! Such a nice day with the family. Glad you rolled with the punches!

jackie said...

What a great way to spend Mother's Day:))
You are the best.