Sunday, June 14, 2009

Master Gardener Garden Tour




Sweet daughter and I went on a morning garden tour yesterday. Wow, we saw wonderful gardens. We went to 4 gardens.

This one was in the outskirts with a lot of land.

Look at all of these hostas. I love the way the outside border is one type surrounding all of the different varieties.




Note to self, plant more Salvia May night, it was dynamite in this garden!













This is in town, an English garden and it was my favorite. oh it was wonderful! If only I had an estate, I would have a garden like this.
Do you think they do this all themselves or do you think they have a gardener? I didn't have the nerve to ask!





































































I love this herb garden! Maybe I can do this at home, with a white picket fence?




























This was at a different house and I only took pictures of the urns, they were lovely!
What a great way to spend a Saturday morning. Hmmm, for some reason I think I need to get my hands dirty!






















3 comments:

Shelley said...

The gardens look so nice! I wish I had been able to come! Don't buy salvia.....I can give you some!

em4201 said...

Dad would do it himself. But then again...she's obnoxious and doesn't know how to relax.

jackie said...

Oh my .. what a way for you and my niece to spend the morning! She's a good sport!!!
Did you go home and want to garden all weekend?
Beautiful ideas!
Thanks Shelley .. I'll be over when we come to town. ha!ha!