Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garden, quilts and knitting


I worked on this quilt for my niece's new baby girl (born 2 days ago!). hey sis, if you are checking out my blog, let me know if your new grandbaby will like this one.

I love this pattern, it is my go-to pattern. Thanks to my Rockwell pal, Laurie for telling me about this great pattern.






I finished a sleeve on my sweater! Whew-hew! one more sleeve to go. I found the perfect buttons on etsy too! The thing is I added a design element without knowing, I increased at about the elbow and I love the way it looks but I nervous of whether I can duplicate this "mistake" gone right in the 2nd sleeve.







here a few pictures of my garden. I love Hydrangeas! Look at this color! I wish my whole garden was as nice but about 3/4 of my back yard could be dubbed the garden of weeden, it is truly a mess and now the heat is going up to the 90's and I am not interested in gardening in the heat, so it will humble me to see how awful my yard can look.



This sweet angel was a gift from my dad, I just love it.

Dear hubby and I went to the Cedar Rapids farmers market Saturday morning and I bought this cute pot holder. I had no idea the Cedar farmers market was as big or as nice as it is, it rivals Des Moines, just about 1/2 the size but still very nice. Wrigley went too and he behaved pretty well.







2 comments:

jackie said...

I Love It!! And so will she;))) The colors are perfect .. and pattern is beautiful!!!!! You're so sweet!

Now I know why I haven't talked to you in awhile!!! Quilting , sweater, gardening, cooking, baseball and even work thrown in... Good thing for your blog or we'd think you were just sitting around eating bon-bon's! And Your humor makes it all fun to read!

Shelley said...

Love the quilt and the sweater! I have yet to try this pattern but then again I've done NO SEWING!

I haven't been to the farmer's market downtown. I had such a good time in DM, I'll have to check it out!

Hope to see you soon!