Saturday, January 24, 2009

Knitted Thorpe and poncho for American Girl doll

My very sweet little great-niece had emergency brain surgery on the 13th of January. Please keep her in your prayers as she continues to improve. Her 7th birthday is today. I knitted these little gifts for her while waiting for my back to heal. The package arrive just in time for my beautiful sister to bring it to the hospital for her birthday. I think when she is feeling better she will enjoy having some new clothes for her American girl doll and a hat for herself.

I knitted the Thorpe hat for her American Girl doll and a matching one for her. THe AG hat was knitted out of DK weight with size 6 needles. I used worsted weight, double stranded for dear sweet niece and size 8 needles in the size small. The poncho was simple, cast on 36 stitches, knit back and forth for 30 rows, make two and join.









Sweet daughter was kind enough to model the hat for me, it is a little small for her.










No comments: