Sunday, November 18, 2012

I love the holidaze....

One of my most favorite holidays is Thanksgiving.  I am not sure if it is because my birthday is close to that date and I always love celebrating my birthday or if it is a holiday, that to me, is all about eating great home-made food and football.  And a total excuse for shopping and starting to decorate for Christmas!    Here are few of my Thanksgiving decorations.  We will be away at relatives this year on Turkey day so I almost didn't decorate but I have to think the kids and dear hubby enjoy a little festivity during the holidays!





This is my Christmas cactus.  I am always amazed at how it reminds me the holidays are near.  As soon as it blooms I know I better get to planning, shopping and decorating!  This Christmas Cactus was a gift from a friend at work several years ago, maybe 6 or 7 years!  yeah, me!  I kept it alive!  Yes it is in a McCoy pot for those of you that enjoy antiques, I think it must thrive because the roots are in such an awesome pot!

1 comment:

jackie said...

Very nice "Martha"! Wish you lived closer to help me out!