Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall gardening




I've been cleaning out beds, pulling up weeds and trying to tidy up a bit before the snow blankets my gardens.




I am also planting bulbs along my roses that line my front side walk.




Planting bulbs seem to be such a hopeful thing, a way to show patience (something I don't seem to have much of).


I planted grape hyacinth, Blue Siberian Squill and mixed crocus. Last year I planted bulbs too and some of them did not come up. I really paid close attention to the depth these bulbs are to be planted so I will find out next Spring if they are going to reward my patience.





2 comments:

Shelley said...

Love all those bulbs you are planting! They will make for some nice photos come spring! I have some I dug up in the spring that need to be replanted. I can't imagine trying to dig in the soil now...it's been so dry! Perfect if you're looking for a good workout!

jackie said...

They will be beautiful come spring!
Now I know why your back hurt:((