Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quilting friends in need is a friend indeed



A quilting friend in need is a friend indeed.
I say this because this quilt is all about friends.

I put this quilt top together while in Door county with my good friend Jackie. See the post here. My friend Laurie loaned me her pattern to make the quilt. She also shipped the quilt top with her quilts to a quilter in MO. Then she put the binding on for me while I was resting from surgery! See what I mean, I have some GREAT friends.



I backed it with Minkee. I just love the way it feels. The binding pulled it all together. By the way, Laurie helped me pick out this dynamite green fabric.




The quilter did an excellent job mimicking the flower pattern in the fabric.
This quilt is for sweet daughter's room. DH is going to paint it in the blue color while listening to the Wrestling nationals in March. I am also working on a matching valance. I have a cute surf board sticker and hibiscus flowers for her walls. I will post pictures of her new room when done.













2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the colors...its beautiful!

Shelley said...

Wow, this quilt sure turned out nice. I do love the minky!