Sunday, November 2, 2008

Late Fall garden



Today was a beautiful day in Eastern Iowa, the temp rose to the 70's. I took a few moments to enjoy the colors of Autumn in my yard.
I bought this sugar maple for $12 (end of the year sale) at Bloomsbury farm 4 years ago, what a buy! It looks wonderful!























I found the cute star at Des Moines Farmer's market a few weekends ago.


Annie and Kodi are enjoying the sunshine while shadowing me in the yard.








The clump birch is really showing off it's bark. Dear Husband and I planted this as 3 separate birch bought from a discount store for $7 dollars each and clumped them ourselves 5 years ago.












The mums are nearing the end of the season, I plan to plant them in my beds when their work is done on the front porch.



2 comments:

jackie said...

Your yard looks just as pretty in the fall!

Shelley said...

Love all your fall pictures! I have a tree from Bloomsbury just like yours, a Red Maple. We took a picture of Kenna and the tree about two weeks ago. It's lost all it's leaves now.